Thursday, February 18, 2021

Spring Blog Hop












I’m very excited to participate in this blog hop!  It is my very first blog hop and is the realization of one of my new year’s goals.

Spring is the theme for this blog hop!  I, for one, can’t wait for the warmer weather to come and stay! One of my favourite signs of spring is the return of birds and the opening of the butterfly gardens at our local zoo.

I’ve chose to use the Fluttering and Floating stamp set along with the Fluttering dies to create my card.  I’ve used ink pads as well as the Stampin’ Blends, in Mango Melody (light and dark), Pumpkin Pie (dark), Flirty Flamingo (light and dark) and Misty Moonlight (light and dark) to colour the butterfly wings.  I love the variety that mixing both mediums gives.

The greeting from this card is from our Sale-a-bration promotion, which runs to the end of February.  If you host a virtual party or gather some orders together from friends totalling $375 (CAD) or more, you get this stamp set free!





Card measurements:

Base: 7 1/4" x 4 1/4", score at 5 1/2"

Window sheet: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Flirty Flamingo: (3x) 1 3/4" x 4 1/4" + scraps

Basic Black: 1 5/8" x 4 1/8"

Flower and Field Designer Series Paper: 1 1/2" x 4"

Whisper White: 5 1/4" x 4" + scraps for stamping


I've included a video that will help you experiment with the Blends.  I've shared how I coloured the large yellow/orange butterflies.  I hope you enjoy it!

Tips for colouring using the Stampin' Up Blends


I hope you enjoy the remainder of the hop!


Shopping list: Product List

        
Promotion valid until February 28, 2021


4 comments: